SATURDAY, JUNE 24, 2017


At first, Texas cops claimed they shot and killed 15-year-old Jordan Edwards because he was in a car driving in an “aggressive manner” towards an officer.

But Balch Springs Police Chief Jonathan Haber has since said the car was driving away from officers before the cop fired, killing the teen who was riding passenger in a car driven by his brother.

Haber said this after viewing the body cam footage that still has not been made public but it might not be long considering how frank the chief is being on its content.

Edwards’ brother said he did not realize his little brother had been shot until after seeing smoke coming out of his head about a block away.

That was when he pulled over and asked police for help, apparently thinking somebody other than police shot his brother.

After all, both police and the teens say they heard gunshots prior to Edwards being shot and killed, but they could have just been firecrackers because police did not make a single weapons arrest that night.

But the sound of gunshots is what prompted, along with his brother and three other teens, to leave the house party where somebody had called police to report on drunk teens walking the streets.

Police were inside the house when the sounds of gunshots shattered the night.

Even if somebody was discharging a firearm, it had nothing to do with the teens in the car, who were not arrested for being under the influence.

Even the chief is saying the shooting was unjustified.


PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) — Philadelphia police say four people have been charged, and one more is being sought, for the alleged human trafficking of a 14-year-old girl.

The investigation began on the afternoon of April 25, when the teen walked into Temple University Hospital saying she had been sexually assaulted multiple times by several men.

The victim told detectives the she had run away from home on Sunday, April 23, and met up with 18-year-old Shaikey Copper.

The girl considered Copper to be a friend, police say. He allegedly told her he had work for her to do.

They went back to his home in the 4200 block of North 8th Street where, police say, the girl was sexually assaulted.

Copper then allegedly took her to the home of 23-year-old Reggie Jamal Fields in the 1800 block of North 20th Street.

There, police say, Copper had 21-year-old Fantasia Gale post an online advertisement, offering sex with the girl for money.

The girl was then forced into sex with multiple men over the course of two days, police say.

“She was actually transported to different locations to do the dates, and she was being driven to those locations by the offenders,” said Detective Kate Gordon of the Special Victims Unit.

Detectives say the teen was able to escape by convincing the suspects she was going to buy them something at a bodega near where she was being held.

At that bodega, police say, she was given a bus token by a good Samaritan.

“She was able to take the bus and get to the hospital,” said Gordon.

Copper, Fields and Gale have been arrested.

“These particular defendants were very much aware that this was a child,” Gordon said.

Another man, 23-year-old Shawn Jackson, was also arrested for his alleged involvement in this case.

Police are currently seeking yet another man, 24-year-old Angelo Romero from the 1600 block of North Worrell Street.


NORTH PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) — One man was killed, and another was injured after gunfire erupted in North Philadelphia.

More than 20 gunshots rang out before 12 a.m. Monday on the 300 block of North 10th Street.

Police say a 29-year-old man was chased inside a home and shot in the face.

He later died at the hospital.

The second man was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.

Witnesses told police the suspect ran from the scene.

Police are working to determine who fired the shots and why.



Reginae Carter (Lil Wayne’s daughter) was dragged into a physical altercation at a Clark Atlanta probate. She was trying to break up the fight involving her friend. She was also bullied on Instagram Live


BANGKOK — The wife of a Thai man who hanged their 11-month-old daughter on Facebook Live said Wednesday her husband is the only person to blame and she bears no anger toward the social media site or the users who shared the horrific video.

The video showed 20-year-old Wuttisan Wongtalay killing his child by hanging her at an abandoned hotel. The video was livestreamed Monday evening and made inaccessible by Facebook late Tuesday afternoon.

Police said the man later killed himself. The video was apparently available for viewing online for almost 24 hours until Facebook pulled it down.

“I am not angry at Facebook or blaming them on this,” Chiranut Trairat, 21, told The Associated Press. “I understand that people shared the video because they were outraged and saddened by what happened.”

She said her husband had been abusive in the past and spent two years in prison before they started dating.

Facebook has been seeking ways to block videos as quickly as possible after a series of gruesome images, including murder and sexual assault, were livestreamed or posted.

“This is an appalling incident and our hearts go out to the family of the victim. There is absolutely no place for content of this kind on Facebook and it has now been removed,” Facebook said in a statement on the Thai incident.

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said last week that his company has “a lot of work” to do on the problem.

The murder in Phuket came less than two weeks after a man in Cleveland, Ohio, posted on Facebook a video of himself shooting a man to death.

In Thailand, the potential for problems with Facebook Live became an issue last May when local media used the platform to broadcast live video of a university lecturer who was locked in a six-hour standoff with police who were seeking him in the shooting deaths of two colleagues. After negotiations for his surrender failed, he fatally shot himself, a moment that was shown live.


Since last fall, Kevin Gates has been behind bars, for allegedly kicking a woman during one of his live performances. The Louisiana rapper, who was on the verge of being released last month, unexpectedly saw himself remaining locked up – after his 2013-gun case emerged.

The arrest warrant was issued, after Kevin failed to appear in court for the case, while behind bars in Florida. This morning, at the Cook County Sheriff’s Office in Illinois, Gates appeared in court and pled guilty to his original charge of felony gun possession.

To avoid an extended vacation, he simply accepted a 30-month deal, which he’ll be transferred to the Illinois Department of Correction. With a 2 ½ year bid in place, we’re hopeful Mr. Gates can put this unfortunate chapter behind and focus on coming home to family and a career.